Five Things You Can Do for Your Mental Health While Social Distancing
Just like you, we are left wondering what’s next and have asked ourselves “What am I going to do to keep busy, entertained, and healthy mentally during the recommended time of social distancing?”
Within our Believe Be Real Be Bold community, we have amazing experts in the fields of psychology, therapy, and health and wellness. We’ve reached out to them, sometimes during a session ;), and asked them to share their best advice to keep up with our self-care routines! Here’s what they had to say…
- Keep active- go for walks, workout at home or in the park, cook at home vs. order take out
- Keep learning- now is an amazing time to pick up that book you never finished, or purchase an online course you’ve been meaning to try. We love podcasts and the Believe Be Real Be Bold podcast has over 110 episodes to learn self-care, healthy boundaries, and personal growth tools from mental health experts and real life daters! Have you ever though of becoming a personal trainer? Read Dave’s memoir to learn more about my journey with depression and anxiety while building my business! Click here to read Aspire Higher for FREE!
- Keep Socializing- call your best friend, call your parents, siblings, and children. Avoid the minimum effort of texting because we need our connections and relationships now more than ever to stay positive! This week, I am inviting these experts to go LIVE with me on Instagram and Facebook through the Believe Be Real Be Bold podcast to improve our mental health and relationships! Follow those accounts for more details by clicking the links here Instagram and Facebook
- Find new hobbies- Building upon the recommendation to learn new things, we want to encourage you to finally learn the guitar, learn a new language or start that novel you always wanted to write! I completed my memoir within about four months and I’m happy to help you do the same! What are you most passionate about right now? Have you ever wanted to start a podcast? I’ll teach you how! I’ve got the time…
- Keep Connecting with your Partner- Thriving during the isolation we are feeling right now is so important for our mental health. Ways you can deepen the connection between you and your partner are boundless, but what we love to recommend are 1. Read a book together and discuss 2. Take stock of your values and goals and discuss 3. Watch movies (documentaries) together and discuss 4. Play a new card game, board game, naughty game 5. Have lots of sex
We are here for you. Reach out if you need relationship, fitness, and nutrition advice of any kind. My calendar is wide open for the next month! Schedule a call with me here
-Dave Glaser, owner Fit Life Champions and host of the Believe Be Real Be Bold podcast
In Mid-March, we heard that gyms, theaters, and casinos were required to close by mandate from the Governor of Colorado.
That leaves many in our community without a place to workout and we are so grateful to be able to provide online training programs from Fit Life Champions that can easily be done at home. Just click one of the links below to get a free trial now!
Who is the perfect fit for these programs?! Check out the video below to hear from actual clients!
P.S. Have you seen the physioball series of videos we are giving away for free as your workout of the day?! If you know of any friends, family, or coworkers that want to get stronger physically, mentally, and emotionally, please share any of this link or blog post with them!!
Simply just forward this post to your favorite workout buddy or partner to get them moving too!
“Coaching busy adults that want to improve mental health, decrease stress, and boost energy so that they become stronger physically, mentally, financially, spiritually, and emotionally.”
#fitlifechampions #prepwars #believeberealbebold #aspirehigher